What we do
Our ASD outreach specifically support adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Asperger’s Syndrome to be more independent, to better manage anxiety, and to take steps to achieve success and develop motivation and self-esteem.
Our friendly and professional team provides a personalised, flexible and dedicated support service for adults with autism spectrum disorders and Asperger’s Syndrome, including people with complex and multiple needs across North and East London.
The team can support people in their homes, in family homes and in supported accommodation, from as little as 5 hours a week to 24 hour, round the clock support.
Services we offer
Find out how our specialist service could help you by reading of our leafletDownload Specialist ASD Outreach leaflet
What makes us different
Our ASD outreach is accredited by the National Autistic society and staff are highly experienced and trained according to individual needs. including:
- Positive behaviour support (PBS)– Outward have a PBS lead who trains and supports the team
- NAPPI – Non Abusive Physical and Psychological Intervention
- Autism level 1 and 2 including understanding advanced understanding of supportive strategies or approaches such as PECS, Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Person centred active support
We also engage the services of a consultant clinical psychologist to train staff in areas such as trauma informed PBS, assist with functional behaviour assessments, team reflection and de-briefs and support with individual PBS plans.
Our support can help people:
- improve their communication skills, whether they are verbal or non-verbal
- develop strategies to help them better manage their sensory needs
- develop effective coping strategies to reduce and better manage anxiety
- to take small steps to experience success and develop motivation and self-esteem
- become more independent.
- And enjoy life more
We work closely with parents, carers and involved professionals to ensure a multi-disciplinary, co-produced approach to support based around the individuals’ choices and goals.