What is Hub Club?
Hub Club is based in the heart of Hackney and offer day opportunities and activities for:
- adults with learning disabilities
- adults on the autistic spectrum.
We’re open to anyone in London and our members are involved in a variety of fun and engaging activities throughout the week. Our ethos for the service is to have a purpose and learning element to each session. For example:
- art workshops will result in an exhibition being held and the artwork being showcased
- our cooking sessions are run in collaboration with Bags of Taste and enable you to learn how to prepare healthy, low-cost meals. You will also get to eat everything you cook at the end of the session!
- there are regular trips and outings to exciting venues around Hackney, including museums, art galleries and nature reserves. You will always learn something new.
A typical week may include activities such as gardening, museum visits, boccia, nature visits, Joy of Sound, healthy cooking, art and cycling. There is something for everyone.Download Hub Club leaflet
What makes us different
Hub Club is different to traditional day activity services. Our members and their relatives help shape the service and decide on what sessions we hold. This makes The Hub Club your club. You help decide which activities you want to do.
We run five days a week, from Monday to Friday. The hours are 9.30am to 3.30pm.
How to purchase
You can pay using personal budgets, direct payments or through social services funding. Please get in touch with us to talk about costs.
Getting to us
We accompany club members on public transport to and from Hub Club. If any club members would prefer to travel independently, we can also recommend the best public transport routes.
More information can also be found in our Hub Club leaflet, which you can print and show to people who may be interested in becoming members.