The support we provide
Outward provides support for older people aged 55 plus in Hackney, Camden and Redbridge.
Our supported housing schemes in Hackney and Camden are specially designed buildings to meet the needs of older people who are no longer able to live in the community on their own. Older people services provides self-contained flats, door entry and warden call systems, communal spaces for social gatherings, lifts and gardens.
Our team works alongside with older people to support them with a range of needs, and our partner onsite care teams provide personal and domiciliary care. We also work jointly with other agencies, with whom we act as advocates on our tenants’ behalf.
In Redbridge, we provide a floating support service to older people living in their own homes. Outward colleagues work closely with the older person to help them achieve their goals and, once achieved, the service comes to an end – this can be anything from a few months to up to 2 years.
The aims of our support
Outward’s team follows these key principles – to uphold the rights of each person we support, encourage and promote independence, give choice at every opportunity and ensure inclusion in our service delivery.
Our support is tailored to meet each person’s individual needs, including:
- Supporting people to manage and sustain their tenancy, ensuring they pay their rent and keep their home in good repair.
- Working jointly with care services to support people to maintain the skills needed to carry out household tasks, such as cooking, cleaning and shopping.
- Supporting with welfare benefits and access to specialist advice.
- Supporting customers to access local amenities such as healthcare and leisure activities.
- Supporting customers to have positive relationships with others, including family and friends.
- In the Redbridge service, we support people to move to more suitable accommodation to meet their needs and / or advocate on their behalf with other agencies to help solve housing problems
Making a referral
The referral process is different depending on the borough. Below you’ll find contact information for the boroughs our services reside in.
Alternatively you can browse our services to see the range of older people services we have on offer
All referrals come through an allocated social worker in the Camden Social Services team. Before any referral can be accepted an assessment is conducted by Shaw, the care agency, to ensure eligibility, based on residency, age and level of need.
Call: 0207 974 4444