Volunteer Role: Activity Group Facilitator
Purpose of the Role:
As an Activity Group Facilitator, you will plan and lead a weekly activity session for older adults with learning disabilities at a service in Enfield. By providing an activity, you provide an invaluable opportunity for the people we support to socialise and reduce isolation. Example of activities may include; art, music, knitting, reminiscence sessions (for those with Dementia), dance, coffee mornings.
- Plan sessions and arrange collection of materials with service (service will cover material costs)
- Deliver sessions to a group of older adults with learning disabilities, considering different needs and forms of communication.
- Encouraging people to engage, and thinking of different ways to help people engage.
Please note that volunteers will never be asked to assist with personal care, administering medication, or finances.
Skills, Attitudes and Experience
- You are friendly and have strong interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about making a difference in the lives of older people, people with learning disabilities, and/or people with autism spectrum disorder
- You are patient, empathetic, and open-minded
- You are organised and can work independently
- You take initiative and manage your workload
- You are reliable and punctual
- You are a strong communicator
- Meet different kinds of people and make new friends
- Gain experience for your placement and resume
- Receive support from the Volunteer Team and an assigned supervisor
- Become part of a community of staff and volunteers who are passionate about making a difference
- Receive references for future opportunities
- Receive reimbursement for reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Meet new people
- Be invited to volunteer events
- Additional training to help you grow in your role
- Covered by Outward’s insurance policy
- There is opportunity for the applicant to access a paid role if the matching goes well.
- Any day
- 30am – 11.30am, or 2pm – 3.30pm
Before commencing your role, you will be required to complete the following training:
- Volunteer Training Session
- Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding Adults, Fire Safety, Health and Safety, Learning Disabilities
- Service Induction
- Please complete our online application form by clicking HERE. You may be asked to attend an informal group or individual interview and info session
- If you are selected for a volunteer role, you will be required to undergo a DBS check, submit two references, and complete the abovementioned mandatory training before you can start your role.
If there is any way that we can make the application process or the volunteer role more accessible for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be happy to make any accommodations we can for you.