People We Support Awards 2023
We are delighted to celebrate once again the Outward Awards Ceremony 2023. On November 21st, we will be holding a gala event to celebrate the achievements of the people we support and we need your help with nominations. Please complete the nomination form below. All the categories explained bellow for you to make your vote. Please see the easy read version of the nomination categories..
Deadline for nominations: 7th November 2023
HOW TO ENTER
- The best way to enter is via our online entry form.
- Choose the category or categories for which you want to nominate someone. If you are entering more than one category, please make a separate entry for each category. You can nominate someone for two different categories if you like, for example, you can nominate someone for the Great Gardener Award and also the Master Chef Award.
- Read the category judging criteria carefully.
- Write an account of no more than 300 words saying why you’re the person should be considered.
- Please make sure that the name of the nominee/entrant and the award category is included on all separate pieces of supporting information.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- The awards are open to anyone involved with Outward services.
- All entries are treated confidentially.
- Entries will be judged by an independent panel.
- The judging panel reserves the right to move entries from one category to another if they feel it more appropriate.
- Please make sure all information is accurate at the time of entry.
- The judging panel will not be held responsible for the publication of any information contained in the entry that was inaccurate.
The window for nominations has now closed. We look forward to announcing our winners!
Awards Categories for Nominations
- Outcome Achiever: Has someone you know been working on a specific goal that they have achieved this year?
- Most Improved Skill: Has someone gotten better at using a specific skill? Maybe their communication-talking
- Great Gardener: Who is good at spending time in the garden? Who is good with growing plants?
- Master Chef: Who loves cooking? Who cooks food that is yummy to eat? For example-who makes the best spaghetti bolognaise or bakes the best cake?
- Volunteer Champion: Is someone involved with community activities? Maybe they volunteer to help at a charity shop, or church, or in a garden
- Wellness Warrior: Who enjoys healthy food? Who encourages others to be healthier?
- Helpful Housemate: Is there someone within your household that goes above and beyond doing chores and keeping the place nice to live in?
- Technology Wizard: Who is good at using phones or computers and shows a curiosity for how it all works?
- Sports Star: Do you know someone that loves sport? Does someone encourage others to get active?
- Awesome Artist: Who enjoys making things? It could be painting, writing, jewellery making, poetry and anything artistic.