This is a temporary full time post covering Maternity Leave for 9 months with a view to possible extension.
Everything we do at Outward is about promoting the choice and independence of vulnerable people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals. We strive to provide innovative and responsive housing and support services that promote choice and independence for people with a variety of needs including; young people, adults with mental health support needs, learning disabilities, autism and older people.
About the Role
We are now looking for enthusiastic, creative and committed individuals to join the team working in our Young People’s Service. The young people referred to our service face many challenges and deserve an enthusiastic staff team committed to supporting them to look forward to a promising future. Strong applicants for this role will have experience of supporting young people to address the issues that affect them, such as low self-esteem, getting into training and employment, gang links, mental health issues and developing the life skills needed to live independently. If you feel you can bring a fresh approach and a commitment to supporting young people to meet their full potential, then we want to hear from you.
Areas of work include:
- Ensuring each young person is consulted and empowered as the co-designer of their support plan
- Using your empathetic and caring approach to help the young people develop their confidence and skills.
- Having the confidence to take proactive and creative approaches to encouraging our young people to follow through on their plans and goals.
- As a medium term service, the young people must move on within two years and a key part of your role will be to support them to develop the skills necessary to manage in their own home.
- Assessing the suitability of referrals made to the service and managing relets and occupancy sign-ups.
- Supporting residents to maximise their benefit entitlement, budget effectively and adhere to their occupancy agreement.
We are looking for 1 full time post to become a fixed part of the weekly rota. This post will involve working earlies / evenings, weekends & sleep in shifts as part of a 4 week rota, inc bank holidays. You will be provided with comprehensive training and be supported every step of the way to develop your career with us.
Employee Benefits include:
Outward has a comprehensive selection of benefits including:
- Comprehensive Learning & Development Programme
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Blue Light Card
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records so we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
If you think you meet the requirements of the role then please submit an application form detailing how by referring to the job description and person specification. You can do this by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on Friday 23rd February 2024
Interviews will be held week commencing 8th March 2024
If you would like further information about Outward then please visit our website at www.outward.org.uk
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.