Support Workers – Tower Hamlets
Salary: £21,497 per annum pro rata (£10.85 per hour)
Contract: Fixed 38 Hours per week roles AND flexible Zero hours contracts
For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, take advantage of opportunities and live the lives they want.
About the Role
We have a number of exciting opportunities for fixed and flexible staff to join us in several of our supported living services for adults with learning disabilities and autism in Tower Hamlets.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and committed individuals to join our teams and previous experience of supporting vulnerable adults would be an advantage.
The role involves providing day to day support with daily living tasks, activities and making full use of community opportunities. Every day is different as a support worker; you might be swimming, socialising, or supporting someone to find a college, learn to hoover, or work their laptop… but whatever you do, the people we support are always at the heart of your working day.
If you feel you can bring experience and a commitment to supporting people to meet their full potential, then we want to hear from you.
Skills, values and expertise:
- Share our values of Enabling, Empowering and Engaging
- Experience of providing support to vulnerable adults
- Experience of team work
The people we support need staff who are:
- Patient, understanding and caring
- Vibrant, enthusiastic and fun
- Energetic, flexible and have a positive “can do” attitude at all times
- Willing and able to actively support involvement in a wide range of community and social activities
- Able to communicate with different people using a variety of approaches
- Able to follow guidelines to help achieve a consistent approach
All posts will involve working evenings, weekends and bank holidays. You will be provided with comprehensive training and be supported every step of the way to develop your career with us.
We value everything our support workers do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package such as:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsided by Outward.
How to Apply
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude please complete an Application form telling us about your experience on our Recruitment Portal by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is 9am on 18th August 2021
Interviews will be held on 26th and 27th August 2021
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.