Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people for over 40 years. Set up by parents of children with a disability looking for alternatives to institutional care. Our aim is to support people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals.
Outward is a registered charity and part of The Newlon Group. We are run by a group of committed volunteers – our Board of Trustees. We provide care and support services, mainly across north and east London, to support a range of vulnerable people towards improved choice and greater independence, including; those who have experienced street homelessness
About the Role
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our Supported Living Service providing support to people with autism, who live in their own flats within the service, located in the heart of Hackney. Although experience in support work is ideal, the role may also be suitable for anyone who may have some personal experience of care and would enjoy a new challenge of supporting vulnerable people to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence and feel valued. If you hold a current driving licence that would be a bonus.
Do you have a positive can do attitude and:
- The ability to build positive relationships with people with autism, their families, friends and other professionals
- Can demonstrate your ability to be creative and empowering in your support practise and lead by example to showcase what the person can achieve through your active support
- Have the resilience to support people through difficult days as well the super good ones and embrace working with positive behaviour support strategies
- Are energetic and able to support people to access the community and have lots of physical exercise
- Have good communication skills and are willing to learn on the job and through training to deliver a good service to the people we support
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
How to Apply
If you think you meet the requirements of the role then please complete an application form detailing how by referring to the job description and person specification. This can be completed by following the link belo
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 9th September 2021
Interviews will be held on 20th & 21st September 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.