For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, take advantage of opportunities and live the lives they want.
About the Role
We have a number of exciting opportunities for fixed and flexible staff to join us in our 2 supported living services for adults with learning disabilities and autism in Islington.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and committed individuals to join our team and previous experience of supporting vulnerable adults would be an advantage.
The role involves providing day to day support with daily living tasks, activities and making full use of community opportunities. Every day is different as a support worker; you might be swimming, socialising, or supporting someone to find a college, learn to hoover, or work their laptop… but whatever you do, the people we support are always at the heart of your working day.
If you feel you can bring experience and a commitment to supporting people to meet their full potential, then we want to hear from you.
Skills, values and expertise you will need:
- You will share our values of Enabling, Empowering and Engaging
- Experience of providing sensitive, person-centred support to vulnerable adults
- Experience of team work
- Good IT skills
The people we support need staff who are:
- Patient, understanding and caring
- Vibrant, enthusiastic and fun
- Energetic, flexible and have a positive “can do” attitude at all times
- Willing and able to actively support involvement in a wide range of community and social activities
- Able to communicate with different people using a variety of approaches
- Able to follow guidelines to help achieve a consistent approach
All posts will involve working evenings, weekends and bank holidays. You will be provided with comprehensive training and be supported every step of the way to develop your career with us.
We value everything our support workers do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package such as:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsided by Outward.
As per Government Policy, all health and social care workers (and volunteers) who have face-to-face contact with patients and service users must provide evidence that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. ‘double-jabbed’).
How to Apply
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude please complete an Application form telling us about your experience on our Recruitment Portal by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is 28 January 2022
Interviews will be held on 4 and 7 February 2022
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.