Everything we do at Outward is about promoting the choice and independence of vulnerable people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals. We provide innovative and responsive housing, care and support services that promote choice and independence for people with a variety of needs including people with learning disabilities, autism, older people, young people and people with mental health support needs across North and East London.
About the Role
This is a Fixed Term post for 9 months. This will be reviewed and may be extended for a further period.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to oversee all HR functions of our Shared Services Human Resources Department, providing support, advice and to our services.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful applicant will have a background of leading teams within transactional HR Operations. You will be familiar with continuous improvement and using technology to streamline the way in which HR administration and support is delivered. Your attitude will be one of understanding that working collaboratively is the only way to achieve success and you will see the benefit of forging and maintaining strong relationships within an organisation.
Working in the social care sector with its limited resources requires thinking outside of the box and finding creative solutions. This makes it challenging but a great learning environment to hone your knowledge and skills.
- Proven and extensive experience of human resources management at a similar level.
- Highly developed and effective team management skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of UK employment law.
- Ideally CIPD Level 7 qualified or equivalent.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities with a hands-on approach to the management of human resources.
- Experience delivering HR services within a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- First point of contact for Managers for HR questions/issues.
- HR support for any grievance or disciplinary proceedings.
We value everything our support workers do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package such as:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsided by Outward.
Please upload your CV by following the link below alternatively you can submit your CV by email to email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is 9am on 17th December 2021
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 22nd December 2021
Diversity at Outward
Outward applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.