This is a Fixed Term post for 12 months and will be reviewed then with the likelihood of being made permanent. For now funding is in place for 12 months
Are you an experienced fundraiser looking for the challenge of building your own fundraising function? Do you have a successful track record in building relationships and experience in fundraising across a range of income streams?
Outward is seeking a passionate and energetic Fundraising Manager to develop and establish fundraising within Outward. This new and exciting role will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a fundraising plan to raise funds from a range of sources and connect Outward to its local community.
We are looking for a creative-thinking fundraising all-rounder who can write compelling grant applications and has previous involvement in at least one of individual, community, corporate and events fundraising. If you are more of a specialist in one or two areas, that’s great but a willingness to dip into all areas of fundraising is essential. As a newly-created role, this is a great opportunity to make it your own.
Outward (Housing) is a vibrant and inclusive charity providing care, supported housing, respite breaks and community support services to people with learning disabilities, autism or other support needs due to age, circumstance or disability. We have been operating successfully for over 45 years, are part of the Newlon Group and work predominantly across North and East London.
We employ more than 400 people, provide services in 9 London boroughs and work with many community volunteers who support our charitable activities. Our vision is that every person should have the opportunity to be valued, active participants in their communities; living the life they choose and breaking down barriers they face by support which engages, enables and empowers people towards further independence.
We want to secure voluntary income to do even more to support people to live active, fulfilling lives and to tackle the health and wellbeing impacts of the pandemic. The new Fundraising Manager is central in our ambitions to secure the income we need to achieve this.
Purpose of the post
This new and exciting role will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a fundraising plan to raise funds from a range of sources and achieve agreed income targets.
The Fundraising Manager will have overall responsibility for the performance, day to day management, and delivery of all of Outward’s fundraising activities across a range of income streams, including charitable trusts, community and corporate fundraising.
The post-holder will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager to raise awareness of Outward locally and connect with potential supporters. Building close relationships with operational colleagues is key, working with them to develop projects and articulate the need for funding.
- Work with Outward’s New Business Manager to develop and implement a fundraising plan to develop different income streams.
- Develop and manage an annual income budget, set and report on clear fundraising KPIs which meet Outward’s operational objectives.
- Develop and submit bids to trusts and foundations, and manage a portfolio of trust funders, taking responsibility for all relationship management and reporting.
- Undertake research to identify fundraising prospects and development opportunities from local corporates and community organisations.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Communications manager and operational colleagues, gather stories, quotes and evidence to build fundraising collateral.
- Work with Outward’s Marketing and Communications Manager to raise awareness of the difference Outward makes and the need for voluntary funding.
- Work with Outward’s Marketing and Communications manager to develop a plan to reach and recruit individual donors and fundraisers through digital channels.
- Approach local businesses, clubs and societies, schools and other organisations with a view to establishing and maintaining fundraising initiatives.
- Work with Outward’s Volunteering and Community Engagement Team to recruit and manage volunteers from the local community to undertake community and events fundraising. Be part of the team that on occasion will run fundraising events.
- Review relevant processes and develop supporter journeys across different income streams as fundraising builds and providing the highest levels of stewardship.
- Work with the Communications, Marketing & Fundraising Administrator to ensure all fundraising activity and income is accurately recorded, monitored and reported and stewardship plans are implemented.
- Adhere to data protection legislation and stay up to date with the guidelines of the Fundraising Regulator and GDPR, and promote where necessary.
Key skills and experience:
We are looking for a creative and skilled fundraiser with proven success in at least two of the following: trusts and foundations, corporate fundraising, community fundraising or individual giving.
- Experience of developing fundraising plans.
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing to develop compelling, coherent and persuasive propositions that are based on evidence and grounded in our mission and values.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influentially with a range of stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete applications, write bids and provide information for Trusts within required timescales.
- Understanding digital campaigns and the role it may play in fundraising.
- Experience of successful relationship building and stewardship of funders.
- Ability to carry out research using a variety of resources, interpret data and apply in the development of a local fundraising plan.
- Ability to use own initiative and generate ideas.
- Clear personal resilience with evidence of an ability to positively adapt and respond to change.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and work to deadlines.
- Dynamic, self-motivated person who has the ability to work autonomously whilst also being a team player.
- Knowledge of fundraising regulations.
- Ability to use Microsoft packages to a high standard.
- Some experience of financial management and budgeting.
- Commitment to the values of Outward and to people with learning disabilities and autism, and other support needs due to age, circumstance or disability.
If you think you are who we are looking for, please submit CV and a statement of no more than two sides of A4, detailing why you want the role and how you meet the requirements by referring to the job description.
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 25th May 2022
Interviews will be held Week Commencing 30th May 2022
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.