Care and Support Administrator
Contract: Permanent Full-time – 38 hours per week, Monday – Friday – also available as part time (minimum 3 days a week) – flexible working requests welcome
Salary: £24,641 per annum (Full time equivalent)
Location: Based at Head Office in Tottenham Hale, London, N17 and some working from home (hybrid working)
We are Outward, a forward thinking and inclusive charity based in north east London supporting people with care and support needs to live with dignity and purpose. Our work is diverse- supporting people with learning disabilities to live independently in their own homes, supported holidays and short breaks in our beautiful country side retreat, dynamic young people’s services and specialist outreach work, enabling people with complex autism conditions to thrive in the community. We are proud to deliver high-quality care and support services for over 45 years and are passionate about our values to Engage, Enable and Empower people.
If you are looking to build a rewarding career with a not–for-profit organisation, come and join our team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can multi task and meet deadlines in our very busy Care and support department. You will be supporting a wide variety of functions – recruitment of Volunteers, monitoring and updating databases, connecting with external professionals and preparing materials for events and updating guidance.
Main duties include:
- Provide a customer friendly service responding to all incoming calls in a courteous and helpful way
- Manage allocated Care and Support email inboxes and action accordingly and in a timely way
- To service the risk review panel, managing the relating email inbox, ensuring paperwork has been received by all and panel meetings have been scheduled in good time
- To liaise with external consultants, setting up meetings and workshops as required
- Assisting with the volunteer recruitment and management process.
- To support the Volunteering team with ensuring all records are up to date, and all volunteers have been adequately supervised in their placements, using our online database.
- To assist with Volunteering, Community Engagement and Coproduction events.
- Manage the IPOS procurement system ensuring all the required process is followed and all invoices are paid correctly and timely
- Provide administrative support to the Care and Support team, including note taking
- Managing and facilitating on-site events, ensuring relevant materials and paperwork are ready
- To prepare the on call rota, ensuring cover at all times and communication with services around any changes
- To support the care and support team around admin relating to policy, procedure, protocols and updating of forms
What we expect:
We are looking for someone that is highly organised and enjoys organising work streams and processes. We want to hear from you if you are willing and eager to learn or may even have previous experience as an administrator. A good level of English language, literacy and numeracy skills and good IT Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Database) are essential. Yes compliance is important, but having the right inquisitive way of working and the ultimate desire to enable the organisation and the people we support to flourish is essential.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
- 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
- Blue Light Card
How to Apply
If you think you have the experience and enthusiasm we are looking for, please complete an application form and detail how you feel you meet the requirements of the role by referring to the job description and person specification. You can do this by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is the 23:59pm on 31st October 2022.
Interviews will be held on the 8th and 9th of November 2022.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.