Purpose of the Role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and good communicator, with competent IT skills to join our Volunteering team as an Administration Assistant. You will assist the Volunteer Manager and Volunteer Coordinator with training, processing and monitoring of volunteers, along with ad hoc tasks. This will be based at either of our head offices (Tottenham Hale or Wood Street)
- Administration support with volunteer recruitment, application processing, training.
- Ad hoc tasks to support the Volunteering/Community Engagement or Coproduction teams.
Skills, Attitudes and Experience
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft office. (Desirable: Google Drive)
- You are friendly and have strong interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with learning disabilities
- You are empathetic and open-minded
- You are organised and can work independently
- You take initiative and manage your workload
- You are reliable and punctual
- To gain a thorough insight into volunteer management, which could be used to springboard a potential career in this area.
- Receive support from the Volunteer Team and an assigned supervisor
- Become part of a community of staff and volunteers who are passionate about making a difference
- Receive references for future opportunities
- Receive reimbursement for reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Meet new people
- Be invited to volunteer events
- Additional training to help you grow in your role
- Tottenham Hale or Wood Street
- 1 – 2 days per week
Before commencing your role, you will be required to complete the following training:
- Volunteer Training Session (approximately 2 hours)
- Online CareSkills Training: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Safeguarding of Adults, Safeguarding of Youth, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Learning Disabilities
- Apply online by clicking HERE. Please note your relevant experience with links to any reels or previous projects.
- You may be asked to attend an informal group or individual interview and info session
- If you are selected for a volunteer role, you will be required to undergo a DBS check, submit two references, and complete the abovementioned mandatory training before you can start your role.
If there is any way that we can make the application process or the volunteer role more accessible for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be happy to make any accommodations we can for you.