Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for creative facilitators to lead activity workshops at any of our learning disability services in Islington, Enfield, Hackney and Waltham Forest.
As an activity group leader, you will plan and lead weekly sessions for people we support. Examples of activities may include art, music, creative writing, sports, knitting. You will work alongside our service teams, with scope for different services to also enjoy the session.
By leading on activities, you play an invaluable role in providing the people we support with an opportunity to socialise, develop skills and reduce isolation.
- Plan activity in liaison with the service and the support staff.
- Deliver the activity on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
- Monitoring and evaluation of how well sessions have gone.
Please note that befrienders should never assist with personal care, administering medication, or finances.
Skills, Attitudes and Experience
- You are friendly and have strong interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about making a difference in the lives of older people, people with learning disabilities, and/or people with autism spectrum disorder
- You are patient, empathetic, and open-minded
- You are organised and can work independently
- You take initiative and manage your workload
- You are reliable and punctual
- You are a strong communicator
- Meet different kinds of people and make new friends
- Gain experience for your placement and resume
- Receive support from the Volunteer Team and an assigned supervisor
- Become part of a community of staff and volunteers who are passionate about making a difference
- Receive references for future opportunities
- Receive reimbursement for reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Meet new people
- Be invited to volunteer events
- Additional training to help you grow in your role
- Covered by Outward’s insurance policy
- Islington, Enfield, Waltham Forest, Hackney
- Any day
Before commencing your role, you will be required to complete the following training:
- Volunteer Training Session
- Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding Adults, Fire Safety, Health and Safety, Learning Disabilities
- Service Induction
- Please complete our online application form by clicking HERE. You may be asked to attend an informal group or individual interview and info session
- If you are selected for a volunteer role, you will be required to undergo a DBS check, submit two references, and complete the abovementioned mandatory training before you can start your role.
If there is any way that we can make the application process or the volunteer role more accessible for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be happy to make any accommodations we can for