Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people for over 40 years. Set up by parents of children with a disability looking for alternatives to institutional care. Our aim is to support people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals.
Outward is a registered charity and part of The Newlon Group. We are run by a group of committed volunteers – our Board of Trustees. We provide care and support services, mainly across north and east London, to support a range of vulnerable people towards improved choice and greater independence, including; those who have experienced street homelessness.
Outward’s Supported Housing Department provides a high quality intensive housing management service that supports our residents to sustain their tenancies and increase their independence. We work with a number of registered housing providers, our principal landlord being Newlon Housing Trust, for whom we manage their older people and young people’s schemes in Hackney. Our residents live in either self-contained flats or rooms with shared facilities and some schemes have an office on-site.
An opportunity has now arisen for Cleaners to join the Hackney Older People and Young People’s teams.
- Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and conscientious individual?
- Do you care about the wellbeing of vulnerable people and to ensure their homes are safe?
- Do you have experience of delivering an excellent cleaning services?
- Are you an excellent communicator?
- Can you manage your own time efficiently?
- And yet are happy to be part of a team dedicated to our residents?
The role includes a wide range of duties:
- Cleaning communal rooms, hallways and stairs
- Removing litter and cobwebs
- Sweeping, cleaning and/or vacuuming floors, as applicable
- Taking care of cleaning equipment, reporting any disrepairs to the manager
- Keeping an eye on stock levels of cleaning products and letting the manager know when stock needs to be replenished
The post holder may also be expected to cover when required for other Outward schemes.
The successful applicant will have at least one year’s experience in a similar role and have the ability to carry out cleaning tasks safely and with practical ability, have a friendly and professional attitude towards our residents and colleagues.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Please submit an application form explaining how you meet the requirements of the post by referring to the Job Description and Person Specification. This can be completed by following the link below:
The closing date for applications is 9am on 9th July 2021
Interviews will be held on 16th July 2021.
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.