We are Outward, a forward thinking and inclusive charity based in north east London supporting people with care and support needs to live with dignity and purpose. Our work is diverse- supporting people with learning disabilities to live independently in their own homes, supported holidays and short breaks in our beautiful country side retreat, dynamic young people’s services and specialist outreach work, enabling people with complex autism conditions to thrive in the community. We are proud to deliver high-quality care and support services for over 45 years and are passionate about our values to Engage, Enable and Empower people.
If you are looking to build a rewarding career with a not – for-profit organisation, come and join our team.
Outward is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed Team Manager. You will manage a supported living service for 8 young adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and complex health needs. The service consists of 8 self-contained flats and is located in Hackney.
Main duties include:
• To create a culture of positive behaviour support within a personalised environment, and you will be supported by Outward’s positive behaviour support lead to achieve this
• Register as the CQC registered manager for the service, ensuring compliance and fostering best practice
• To implement the PMLD standards in your team
• Lead and manage others to deliver a personalised service that meets the needs of the people we support
• Supporting the organisations exciting digital agenda, migrating care records and service information to a new software
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• QCF Level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care, or equivalent or willingness to gain a qualification
• A minimum 2 years’ experience of delivering person centred support to people with a learning disability
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience of managing a service for people with a learning disability preferably gained in a PMLD/complex health setting
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to build positive relationships with external partners
• Experience of staff management and the ability to lead and develop a large team
• Experience of carrying out needs assessments and creating support and risk management plans for people with complex needs
• The ability to deliver the service in accordance with an individual support plans, the service specification and CQC requirements
• A commitment to providing high quality, personalised support
Positive behaviour Support
Outward Housing supports people who are known to present behaviours of concern by using the Positive Behaviour support model because PBS puts the person first.
PBS is pro-active and the main focus is getting the environment right for the individual, rather than responses/reactions following challenging behaviour and on better supporting the person through improving their quality of life.
PBS approaches are based on a set of values of enabling inclusion, choice, participation and equality of opportunity. PBS is about working in partnership with the person, their family, staff and professionals.
Existing knowledge/experience in following the PBS approach would be beneficial but not essential as we do provide extensive training. A shared value of understanding and supporting a person’s behaviour and finding ways to work with them to improve this is essential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records so we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
Outward has a comprehensive selection of benefits including:
• Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
• Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Blue Light Card
• Eye care Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
If you think you are who we are looking for, please submit your CV and an application form by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is 9am on 20th November 2023
Interview will be held on 27th & 28th November 2023
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.