Are you passionate about supporting people with disabilities to live full lives and realise their ambitions?
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead, manage and develop a supported living service?
Outward are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Team Leader to join our Enfield learning disability services at Linwood Crescent to manage a service for 17 residents living across 2 supported living services. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated, caring and supportive staff team. The aim of the service is to enable the people we support to enjoy a good quality of life maximising independence and skills progression where possible.
This is a Fixed Term Post 9-12 months, maternity cover.
The Team Leader would take the lead on sourcing and assessing referrals, recruiting and developing the staff team, creating a culture of positive behaviour support within a personalised environment, embedding quality standards, achieving and progressing good outcomes with the people we support. As well as managing the service safely within the regulations and standard required by CQC.
You will act as a role model in the delivery of active support you will promote and maintain person centred approaches and inclusive community links to achieve positive outcomes with the people we support from the frontline staff team.
Skills and Expertise
• To share our values of enabling, empowering and engaging and implement these
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience of providing support to people with learning disabilities/ autism and or complex needs and or behaviours of concern
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to build positive relationships with internal and external partners – staff, professionals, people we support, families
• Be confident in using your own initiative able to deputise for the Service Manager
• Have strong IT skills and able to manage own time and work under pressure
• Creativity, motivation and enthusiasm to bring new ideas into the service and to implement these to shape the service as part of continuous improvement
• QCF Level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care, or equivalent or willingness to gain a qualification
• Experience of staff management and the ability to lead and develop a large team ensuring staff are appropriately trained
• Experience of carrying out needs assessments and creating support and risk management plans for people with complex needs
• The ability to deliver the service in accordance with an individual support plans, the service specification and CQC requirements
• A commitment to providing high quality, personalised active support
• Knowledge of managing a budget is desirable
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
• 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
• Blue Light Card
How to Apply
If you think you have the experience and enthusiasm we are looking for, please complete an application form and detail how you feel you meet the requirements of the role by referring to the job description and person specification. You can do this by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 27th October 2023
Interviews will be held w/c 6th November 2023
Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people for over 40 years. Set up by parents of children with a disability looking for alternatives to institutional care, our aim is to support people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.