The role will involve a mixture of management/ administrative duties as well as some day to day support sessions with people we support including community access, daily living activities as well as social activities. The position will include some rota management, supervisions and appraisals of staff, reviewing of support plans and risk assessments, managing health and safety checks and maintenance reporting.
You will work closely with the Management Team of the service which include a deputy manager, an activity coordinator and 2 other support and care coordinators to inspire and motivate the team to provide a high quality service. You will assist in implementing current legislation and CQC requirements. Acting as a role model in the delivery of active support you will promote and maintain person centred approaches and inclusive community links to achieve positive outcomes with the people we support from the frontline staff team.
You will be expected to attend appointments with people we support and care reviews, record daily logs, administer medication, lead shifts and cover the rota where necessary.
Skills and Expertise
- Share our values of enabling, empowering and engaging and implement these
- Ability to supervise staff
- Have experience of providing support to people with learning disabilities/ autism and or complex needs and or behaviours of concern
- Effectively communicate with staff at all levels and with professionals and families external to the service as well as with the people we support using communication aids as required
- Be confident in using your own initiative and deputising for the Team Leader/ Manager
- Have strong IT skills and able to manage own time and work under pressure
- Creativity, motivation and enthusiasm to bring new ideas into the service and to implement these to shape the service as part of continuous improvement