Outward is a vibrant and innovative charity that provides support to adults with learning disabilities and people on the autistic spectrum. We also support older people and young care leavers. We have a thriving housing department which manages the housing provision working primarily with Newlon Housing Trust. Our footprint stretches across North and North East London; encompassing 9 London Boroughs. We employ 400 plus staff to work to promote the wellbeing and independence of all those we support.
• You will be an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager who can lead on external and internal communications, marketing campaigns, organising events and staff forums. To work with the Director of HR, Marketing & Quality to further develop our marketing strategy.
• You will be responsible for measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of the channels of communication and marketing used. You will lead on embedding & enhancing our marketing & communication strategies.
• You will work closely with the HR team to make sure that our recruitment drive and initiatives are effective and positively reflect the opportunities that working for Outward can offer.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
• Plan and Manage external communications – coordinating a wide range of print and electronic promotional materials including using social media channels
• Lead on and manage successful marketing campaigns / conferences / events.
• Take the lead on managing internal communications at Outward – including Workplace, internal newsletters and briefings, our intranet and staff events such as staff awards.
• Manage the content of Outward’s websites and complete regular news and updates.
• Support the management team of our disabled holiday accommodation Nutley Edge in the development and delivery of their marketing strategy
• Manage the content on Outwards intranet ensuring information is easily accessible and up-to-date
• Regularly measure and evaluate the effectiveness of channels of communication and marketing used and take ownership of our marketing strategy, communication strategy and updates
• Liaise with the Wider Newlon Group communication’s team and outwards executive team on the design and content for annual reports and other annual publications.
• Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for taking media requests, and for advising staff who have been approached by the media based on Outwards Press Enquiries Policy.
• Support and advice other departments in effective on communication and marketing such as Human Resources in recruitment drives and events.
• Line management responsibilities for officer and/or apprentice posts with the marketing team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the rights and welfare of the adults we support. at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services
Please refer to the job description for full details of what the role entails
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
• 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Comprehensive Learning & Development Programme
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
• Blue Light Card
How to Apply
Please submit an application detailing how you feel you meet the requirements of the post by referring to the job description by following the link below:
Closing Date for all Applications is 9am on 30th March 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing 10th April 2023
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.