We have an opportunity for a well organised Facilities & Business Officer to ensure our properties and facilities are compliant with relevant Health & Safety, Environmental, Fire & Security standards. Facilities Management and Business Services are the beating heart of our organisation. These vital functions ensure that all other departments have what they need to deliver our mission to look after vulnerable people and empower and enable them to live independently.
The Facilities Officer reports to the Head of Housing. Key relationship include working alongside our HR, Finance and IT departments you will be responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and presentation of our offices across a number of sites. You will do this by delivering a programme of works, lead of on our carbon reduction actions and ensure that our compliance obligations are met.
Our strategy is to build a professional, supportive, friendly and self-sufficient in-house Facilities service that works closely together to provide the essential support to a large and evolving staff workforce.
• Completing regular property inspection audits in line with Management requirements.
• Delivering Health and Safety compliance
• Ensuring planned maintenance and reactive repair requirements are undertaken.
• Ensure Health and Safety, Emergency procedures and safe working practices are managed correctly.
• Take the lead of admin duties in order to support the efficient running of the Offices
• Responsible for ensuring telephone systems are working and fit for purpose. Including mobile phone contracts and upgrades.
• Ordering and supplying IT equipment for staff
• Budgeting for Office upgrades and repairs across all stock.
• Responsible for reviewing current management and communication systems.
• An understanding of facilities management and maintenance requirements within a similar role or office environment.
• Good experience of broad compliance and risk management, including knowledge of Health & Safety, CDM regulations, Emergency procedures and Fire & Security procedures.
• Good people and customer service skills
• Advanced IT skills
• Prior experience in a property/building management and managing contractors
• Excellent communication and Customer Service skills, with high standards of planning and organisation.
• Knowledge of management systems
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people.
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
• 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
• Blue Light Card
How to Apply
If you think you have the experience and enthusiasm we are looking for, please complete an application form and detail how you feel you meet the requirements of the role by referring to the job description and person specification. You can do this by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 19th October 2023
Interviews will be held on 3rd November 2023
Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people for over 40 years. Set up by parents of children with a disability looking for alternatives to institutional care, our aim is to support people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require a Basic Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.