For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, take advantage of opportunities and live the lives they want.
An exciting employment opportunity has come up in a new service based in the London Borough of Hackney.
We are looking for Deputy Manager to join our team in Outward and assist with the management of our new supporting living service. The service will be providing bespoke support care packages to FIVE individuals living in their own flats with learning disabilities, complex needs, Autism and may display behaviours of concern.
Strong applicants for this role will have experience or an interest in supporting people through change, as they move into their own flats, make this their home and plan their futures. And will be experienced in supporting people who may display behaviours of concern.
About the Role
The role will include a mixture of management/administration duties as well as day to day support of tenants including attending appointments and reviews, accessing community opportunities, support with daily living tasks, and activities.
In this role you will work closely with the Service Manager to inspire and motivate the team to provide a high quality service as well assist in implementing current legislation and CQC requirements. Acting as a role model in the delivery of active support, you will promote and maintain person-centred approaches. The role will include organising rotas, staff probation reviews, supervisions, updating support plans, risk assessments, fire and health and safety checks, recording and monitor daily logs, leading shifts and rota cover, recruitment and maintenance reporting.
If you feel you can bring experience and a commitment to supporting people to meet their full potential, then we want to hear from you.
Skills, values and expertise:
- Share our values of Enabling, Empowering and Engaging
- Have experience of providing support to people with learning disabilities autism, and/or complex needs as well as behaviours of concern
- Experience of team work
- Some experience of supervising staff
- Effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Be confident in using own initiative and deputising for the Service Manager
- Have strong IT skills, and ability to manage own time and able to work under pressure
- Be flexible to work a range of shifts across a 7 day rota.
The people we support need staff who are:
- Patient, understanding and caring
- Vibrant, enthusiastic and fun
- Energetic and like physical outdoor activities
- Flexible and have a positive “can do” attitude at all times
- Able to communicate with different people using a variety of approaches
- Able to follow guidelines to help achieve a consistent approach
- Willing to continue learning about Autism and supporting people who may display behaviors of concern
- Willing to attend a range of trainings including Positive Behavior Support and Non-Abusive Physical and Psychological Intervention.
It would be desirable for applicants to hold a full valid driving licence and be willing to drive a motability vehicle.
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package such as:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsided by Outward.
How to Apply
If you would like an informal chat about the role please do not hesitate to get in touch with Evi, the Team Manager on 078 4333 5925
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude please complete an Application form telling us about your experience by following the link below:
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 12th July 2021
Interviews will be held week beginning 19h July 2021
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.