For over 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support, care and supported housing services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices and take advantage of good opportunities.
About the Role
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and committed Deputy Manager to work closely with our team of key workers and motivate them to support the young people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals.
- Do you have experience of working with vulnerable young people?
- Do you have empathy towards the needs of young people, and those living with mental health needs?
- Do you have the initiative and passion to provide a responsive and sensitive service?
- Can you build and maintain relationships of trust with the young people and their families?
- Can you work effectively with other Outward teams and other agencies to provide a seamless service?
- Do you know what ‘good’ looks like in a supported housing service and can motivate the staff to maintain these performance standard?
As Deputy Manager, your duties will include:
- Delivering services that enable young people to live as independently as possible
- Ensuring that the people we support are allocated a named key worker and are fully involved in planning their support and achieving their outcomes
- Ensuring support plan reviews and any necessary complex assessments are carried out with the involvement of other professionals where required
- Working alongside front line staff to assess skills and attitude on an on-going basis
- Developing the skills of support staff via training, coaching and performance management
- Organising staff rotas that meet contractual requirements and ensure the safe running of the service
- Deputising for the Service Manager as required
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Pension Scheme
For a Comprehensive list of all our benefits, please visit our website www.outward.org.uk
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsided by Outward.
How to Apply
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude please complete an Application form by following the link below.
The closing date for all applications is 21st July 2022
Interviews will be held Week commencing 1st August 2022
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.