For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, take advantage of opportunities to develop as individuals and live the lives they want.
About the Role
The ASD Outreach team provide support to individuals with Autism who either live on their own or with their families across a number of boroughs in North and East London.
Fixed Full Time, 38 hours per week & Flexi Zero hours roles available
The ASD outreach service is seeking a professional and dynamic female outreach officer to work with a profoundly autistic female client in the London Borough of Waltham forest. Ideally you will have experience of working with clients who have autism and have PBS and/or NAPPI training, though this is not essential and training will be provided. Support for this person is on a 2 to 1 basis with the hours being flexible. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.”
As a Community Outreach officer your duties will include:
- Provide support to individuals in line with agreed support plans
- Coordinating packages of care and support for individuals and supporting individuals with reviews of support and any needs for long term care or support.
- Demonstrate good IT skills, and be able to record information clearly and professionally
- Good verbal communication skills; be able to liaise professionally with a range of external stakeholders, care managers, health professionals, other services and providers of support, and family members of customers.
- Delivering a service that promotes and supports choice, empowers individuals, helps people take control of their own support and care, and increases their independence and self-determination.
- Putting the person we support at the heart of your work, promoting each individual’s needs for independence, well-being and dignity
- Flexible approach to working shift patterns, which will include evening and weekend hours, and bank holidays.
Covid-19 – Vaccinations
All health and social care workers (and volunteers) who have face-to-face contact with patients and service users must provide evidence that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. ‘double-jabbed’).
We are a forward thinking organisation, committed to providing the best support possible to vulnerable people therefore you will be provided with comprehensive training and will be supported every step of the way to develop your career with us.
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package such as:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
How to Apply
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude for the role then please complete an application by following the link below. Please ensure you refer to the job description and person specification:
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 10th January 2022
Interview will be held week beginning 17th January 2022
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.