For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, take advantage of opportunities to develop as individuals and live the lives they want.
Are you passionate about supporting people with disabilities to leave full lives?
Are you looking for an opportunity to move into a first level management role?
We are looking for a Community Outreach Coordinator to join our Outreach team and assist with managing this service which supports people within their own home or in the community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated and empowering staff team.
The role will involve a mixture of management/administrative duties as well as some day to day support sessions with people we support including community access, daily living activities and social activities. The position will include some rota management, supervisions and appraisals of staff, reviewing of support plans and risk assessments, managing health and safety checks and maintenance reporting.
You will work closely with the Deputy Manager and the Manager to inspire and motivate the team to provide a high quality service, as well as assisting in implementing current legislation and CQC requirements. Acting as a role model in the delivery of active support, you will promote and maintain person-centred approaches and inclusive community links to achieve positive outcomes with the people we support and care reviews, record daily logs, administer medication, lead shifts and cover the rota where necessary.
Skills and expertise
- Share our values of enabling, empowering and engaging
- Ability to supervise staff
- Have experience of providing support to people with learning disabilities/autism and/or complex needs and/or behaviour of concern
- Effectively communicate with staff at all levels and with professionals and family external to the service
- Be confident in using your own initiative and deputising for the Deputy Manager
- Have strong IT skills and be able to manage your own time and work under pressure
- Creativity, motivation and enthusiasm to bring new ideas into the service
- 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (Pro-rata for part-time)
- Computing scheme
- Credit Union scheme
- Cycle-to-Work scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (Including season tickets and parking permit loans
- Blue Light Card
We are committed and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk/or their records, we will require an Enhance Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
How to Apply
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude for the role please complete an Application form by following the link below:
The closing Date for all applications is 9am on 26th July 2021
Interview will be held on week commencing 2nd August 2021
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.